Restaurant Review: Catch L.A.

Catch LA Terrace, 8715 Melrose, West Hollywood, CA

catchresturants.com

Sarah Ley, Staff Reporter

A beautiful rooftop dining in West Hollywood can be where you go and enjoy your lunch or dinner.

One of the first things you will notice about Catch, is the beautiful flowers and scenery on the rooftop once you exit the elevator.

The restaurant is both indoor and outdoor. Both are amazing seating.

The restaurant is mainly seafood but has a few other options. There are different types of seafood including sushi rolls, lobster macaroni and cheese and oysters. The most popular dishes according to la.eater.com are the lobster mac and cheese, crunchy rice cakes and the “catch” ceviche.

When I visited the restaurant, I ordered the lobster mac and cheese to share, and the “salmon a la plancha” for myself. Both were super great meals.

Pricing for this restaurant is more upscale. Appetizers range from around $15-20 while most of the entrees are around $30-$40, but there are plates that are as expensive up to $155.

Most people find out about this restaurant from social media because of “the most-hyped and Instagram-famous #HitMe Chocolate Cake” – zagat.com. Besides the entrees, many people enjoy to eat there because of one of their famous desserts called the “Hit Me Chocolate Cake.”  The dessert consist of a four-level tower made of a brownie, cake, ice cream and liquid Klondike bar, on top of all that it also all oozes out melted chocolate when you hit the top layer with a spoon.

When I tried the famous dessert, the taste was delicious, everything just melts in your mouth and is perfect with a nice coffee.

Along with the restaurant having an amazing view and great food, you also may be able to find a celebrity or two in the restaurant.

According to businessinsider.com there are a lot celebrities who go visit the Los Angeles Catch location. Kylie Jenner, Paris Hilton, Madison Beer, and many more celebs have made their way to enjoy the restaurant.

Due to many of these celebs making this restaurant popular, it is very hard to get a reservation here. You usually have to make a reservation a few weeks or even a month ahead of time. Don’t try just walking into the restaurant because there is no way to get a table without a reservation.

Overall, my experience with Catch was amazing. The view and scenery was great along with the food and amazing dessert. If you are visiting the West Hollywood area I would highly recommend to visit.

10/10