MNGO Café

Elissa Huynh, In Depth Editor

Love mangos? Love cute plants? Love desserts? MNGO Café located on 4176 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111 serves kakigōri, sweets, coffee, smoothies and more. It is a cute Asian dessert and coffee bar with a menu that revolves around the mango.  

Kakigōri is Japanese snow-iced and costs $7.25. There is MNGO kakigōri which is includes mango flavored ice, mango pudding, fresh mango and house cream sauce. Other flavors include strawberry, matcha green tea, ube (purple sweet potato), thai tea and berries & cream.  

The MNGO kakigōri tasted delicious and was presented beautifully with a flower and piece of mango on the top. It was also large and served about two people. Kakigōri is a great summertime treat.  

Sweets include cream brulee, green tea-ramisu, trio custard dip, MNGO sundae, MNGO & rice, New York cheesecake, MNGO sago, OMG! (Oh-Man-Go!) and affogato. Drinks range from hot to cold. There are coffees, nitro drinks, cold brew, matcha green teas, lattes, lemonades, thai milk tea and mango smoothies. Cream toppings- milk, sea salt, brown sugar and coconut- can be added to coffee.   

OMG! looks super pretty with the three colors of sticky rice and freshly cut mango. The sticky is warm and squishy and tastes really good complimenting the rest of the dessert. The pudding is also super fun to jiggle.  

The café is adorable with a giant traffic light by the door and plants decorating the walls. It is the perfect place for taking cute Polaroid pictures with friends. Customers can use free Wi-Fi. Many study and listen to music while others hang out with family and friends. It does get crowded though making it hard to sit down and eat.  

The line moves pretty slowly but the service is still efficient and friendly.  

From Sunday to Thursday, it is open 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. On Fridays and Saturdays, it is open 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.