CSF Seniors Graduate in White

2009 Graduation CSF Seniors wear white at the ceremony.

Ranch Review file photo

Ranch Review file photo

Josh Lee, Staff Reporter

The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a honors foundation that recognizes academically inclined students in California. Graduating seniors wear a white and cap and gown and a gold sash. These seniors are the first to receive your diploma. Senior transcripts will reflect completion of CSF and appeal to University and Colleges in California.

To apply to CSF students can begin as a sophomore. Students must fill out an application and turn it in once per semester for a total of four semesters. One of those semesters from Senior year. Gabi Martinez, the Secretary of CSF, gives information on how to qualify for CSF.

“A’s are three points, B’s are one  point, and C’s are zero. Anything lower than a D can disqualify you for that semester. If you have an AP/Honors class, a point can be added to your grade but, only for two classes,” said Martinez

CSF applications are accepted in the beginning of each semester and a copy of the person’s report card must be attached to verify for eligibility.

Members of the California Scholarship Federation are eligible for a variety of tuition scholarships available at universities across the state and in select colleges nationwide.

Zachary Sevilla, a Senior at Otay Ranch, has applied for every semester throughout his years at Otay and has one more semester remaining.

“ I’m set for four semesters right now but, I need one more semester from senior year. I have to make sure I’m focused and really motivated so I can end my last CSF semester with enough points to qualify.”

Students who maintain their CSF membership throughout their years in high school will become Lifetime members even after they graduate.