Double Trouble Spooked Choral Performances

Show and Mixed Choir performed a Halloween Show on Thursday, Oct. 26

Cristina Sandoval

Cristina Sandoval

Cristina Sandoval, Staff Reporter

Orchestra, mixed choir, and Full Effect show choir performed their annual Halloween show Oct. 26 in the theater at 6:30 p.m. The tickets were $5 for students and $7 for adults. The theater was decorated with Halloween paraphernalia.

The performance lasted about an hour and it started off with orchestra’s set of four songs, which were “The Ghost in the Living Room,” “Sneaky Suspicion,” “Creatures,” and “The Abandoned Funhouse.” Their performance was directed by Mark McCann.

Full Effect Show Choir performed next with two fast-paced songs, both of which they performed at Bonita Fest called “I Wanna Rock” and “Tear Them Down.”

Mixed Choir, directed by Candance Collins, performed after that with three Halloween songs called, ” Jabberwocky,” “Mr. Zombies Jazz Club,” and “Lightning.”

Concert choir, ended the night with two spooky pieces called “Double Trouble” which is from the movie Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban as well as “Jekyll and Hyde” from the musical Jekyll and Hyde. Mr. McCann also directed concert choir as well as Full Effect.

Overall, the show had positive reviews.

Lenny Becerra thought the performance was really good and that the singing part could not be outdone.

“I really liked it,” said Cassandra Mancilla, junior. “I liked how spirited they were about Halloween because some had spooky makeup on.”

The performers were also happy about their performance.

“I think we did pretty great,” said Jolina Galano, ORHS junior, part of Full Effect. “There was one song we learned in two days that we messed up on a little bit but overall we did a good job.”

Patricia Figueroa, part of show choir, felt their practice paid off and that they did a good job.

The show was not advertised a lot, but orchestra, mixed choir and show choir are hoping more people will come out and support in the future.

” I think we did good, based on our time limitations,” said Noreen Arroyo, Full Effect President and ORHS senior. ” It’s definitely a place we can build upon and next show can always be better.”