Places to go in San Diego During Break

Isaac Ochoa, News Editor

It is 73 degrees with partly cloudy skies. It is a beautiful Friday afternoon and the days keep getting longer. This is the typical situation most spring breakers are in. With San Diego being a common destination for tourists, it has a lot to offer. From natural destinations to famous landmarks to local hangouts the county has various activities for spring break. 

Known for its beaches and SoCal vibe, visiting the many beaches the city has to offer is a great start. Coronado Beach a world famous beach is a popular spot to get a tan and enjoy a nice beach. With million dollar homes to observe all around and a strip of restaurants and other stores just a couple blocks away, the surrounding area leaves you with other activities to do. Down Orange Ave: MooTime Creamery offers various flavors of ice cream, Burger Lounge, and The Coronado Brewing CO. offering bar style food. The pits towards the end of the beach offers great time with friends and family being a popular spot for spring night bonfires. 

Ocean Beach, or OB, is another great spot for spring break fun. After spending time at the beach, Hodads is a popular burger joint is a great place to grab a bite to eat. OB also offers antique stores and accessory stores which reflect the surfer atmosphere of the area.  

“OB is one of my favorite places to go too. It has a chill, laid back and overall great environment” said Junior Albert Ngyuen  

Moving towards the city, Balboa Park is a place for people to explore. The San Diego Zoo, with a General Admissions price of $54, has a variety of animals to observe with countless of sections to view. The Air and Space Museum is also a popular spot in Balboa Park. The Museum of Man displays the evolution of man and the world together with magical artifacts and enclosures. The Natural History museum displays the evolution of mammals with large enclosures, a real size skeleton of a dinosaur and natural exhibits. Holding the history of Flight and a 3D theatre the museum hold valued education and interesting facts applicable to all. The ancient architecture of Balboa Park also creates for a scenic Instagram post while getting a great walk in the park.  

“Balboa Park is fun. The museums are great and the landscape is beautiful which makes it perfect for pictures” said Liz Palafox, ORHS senior. 

Downtown San Diego also has much to offer. The Gaslamp District carries the city atmosphere with countless of restaurants. Bucca Di Beppo, Fogo De Choa and Ghirardelli are the popular spots with great reviews for food. Horton Plaza Westfield Mall is great for shoppers in the Gaslamp district holding stores like Banana Republic, Forever 21 and Footlocker. Seaport Village holds much activities for people to do during spring break. Holding and talking to Parrots for the experience and Snapchat is common in Seaport Village. Seaport Village also holds 45 one of a kind stores that can appeal to a large variety of people. Antique shops, ice cream shops and accessory shops are open in the Village. 

San Diego being a region with temperate weather it has a lot to offer during the springtime. Being a beach county, the main focus of activities are well designed to enjoy the beaches and outdoors creating many activities to enjoy all around.