Cheap Things to do in San Diego

Picture of an Imagine Dragons concert at Mattress Firm Amphitheater taken by Vanessa Castellon

Markus Garrett, Features Editor

1. San Miguel Mountain: Take 805 South and exit on H street east. Keep going east and you will cross route 125. H street turns into Proctor Valley Road. Take a left on Duncan Ranch Road. Find a place to park and do not worry about your car as it is a residential neighborhood. Walk back to Proctor Valley road and take a left. Walk about 1/4 mile and look hard for a trail up and to your left. It can be hard to find because this initial part of the trail is covered by ground cover landscaping 
  2. Veterans Community Center: 785 E Palomar St. The Recreational Center has many options for those interested in sport or game activities. For example, there is basketball, volleyball, and soccer open to play. Also, in the game room there are games such as ping-pong, air hockey, foosball, and a pool table. To check out a piece of equipment it requires an identification card. 
  3. Mattress Firm Concerts: 2050 Entertainment Cir. At the venue several artist take the stage depending on the time of the year, typically summertime. Tickets range from $20 to as high as $100+. Usually, people tend to sell cheaper tickets the day of the concert.  
  4. Bowlero Bowling: 845 Lazo Ct. At this location they have a wide range of activities including, of course, bowling, laser tag, an arcade, not to mention an updated menu of food dishes. Any of these activities fall under $20 for a group of friends. 
  5. Jump Around: 1675 Brandywine Ave. In order to “jump around” a waiver must be signed by a legal guardian or parent before the purchase of a wristband. For an hour of jumping throughout the week it is $18 for all the activities. However, there are occasional specials and Groupons for groups of friends. 
  6. Regal Cinemas: 1025 Tierra Del Rey. Movies are shown for $10 regularly and for $6 on Tuesdays. The food is extremely overpriced; it is recommended to get movie snacks from a store close by. 
  7. Thrift Stores: El Cajon Boulevard. There are many stores along this street that allow purchase and exchange of clothing. The prices range from approximately $1 to the highest of $15. Each store has its own unique features and style for different individuals