Hydro Flasks

Picture taken by Malia Villegas

Picture taken by Malia Villegas

Picture taken by Malia Villegas

Abby Galdamez, Staff Reporter

If there is one trend that has surprisingly stuck around for more than six months it is Hydro Flasks. They have been extremely popular on campus. Students love to pop quirky stickers onto them or buy separate lids and caps according to their style. Hydro Flasks are stainless steel water bottles that come in a variety of sizes and colors. Suddenly, everyone loves drinking water.

They’re way more expensive than your average reusable water bottle. The prices range from $30 to $50 for the most popular models. Their durability is what makes them worth the price. No matter how hard you might drop it or run it over with a car you’ll probably just end up with a couple scratches and a dent.

Having all the water you’ll need throughout the day in one place means not having to carry a bunch of water bottles in your backpack. The Hydro Flask is much heavier but the convenient strap on the lid makes it easy to carry around and place it wherever.

No one likes drinking warm water. Hydro Flasks ensure that your water stays nice and cool throughout the day. Having a hydro also makes it easier to consume more water than you usually would throughout the day. Depending on the size you purchase you’ll find yourself wanting to drink more water than you usually do.

If you’re into outdoors activities, the Hydro Flask is well worth the investment. Running out of cold water when you’re out for a run or at the gym should be avoided at all costs. A Hydro Flask is also a smart choice if you like the idea of have a large supply of hot tea to sip throughout the day if you’re fighting a cold or simply want to wake up to cold water.

Not to mention that the less plastic water bottles we use means helping the planet. And the company’s partnership with Parks for All means that their bottles are helping maintain some of the most beautiful wild places in America, like the Pacific Crest Trail and Oregon State Parks.