Spring Sports & What to Do

Tyler Vu and Assad Khalilzadeh

As the winter concludes, spring is approaching and a new sports season is underway. The clearing process has begun and many of the student athletes need to meet requirements before trying out this spring.

In order to try out, athletes will need to register online on the athletic clearance website found in the school website. Students will also need to complete a physical completed by a licensed doctor. Athletes need to turn in a hard-copy of their physical and clearance packet (found at the ASB) to ASB Windows 5 and 6. Along with these steps, student-athletes will also need to meet academic requirements such as a 2.0 GPA or higher, according to Athletic Director Judd Rachow.

“Start getting yourself online now, ” said Rachow. “If the sport is enabled on the website now, I’d suggest getting cleared online now. If not, they should all be available in February.”

If this is not your first time registering as an athlete this year, you will not be required to complete this again. Athletes will go onto the website, chose the sport you will be trying out, and turn in a separate form for returning athletes found in the ASB. For help on registering online, an online tutorial has been provided by the school website.

“They have to do the ‘registermyathlete.com’,” said Rachow. ” Make an account if you hadn’t yet. If you already registered all you got to do is go back to the website and change your sport”

The sports this time of year will include boys’ volleyball, golf, tennis, baseball, and lacrosse. Girls, softball, track, and swimming will also be featured this season. Some teams have released try-out dates already in order for students to get started in the clearing process.

“A lot of the try outs will be on the week after Presidents Day, so be on the lookout,” said Rachow. S

tudents are recommended to be cleared a week before try-out dates by many spring sports. For more questions on getting cleared or try-out dates, students can contact Coach Rachow through his email, [email protected] or visit his office in the boys’ locker room.