Credit Recovery

Lieth Palestino and Rayna Powell

Registration for the 2018/19 school year begins Thursday, January 25th. Current juniors will register first in the counseling center during their U.S. History classes. Sophomores and freshmen will register during their PE classes starting February 8th.

In the career center, they will watch a brief presentation on how to choose classes. Students will be given a list of classes when they arrive to choose the classes they want to take next year.

Course descriptions are available on the school website and available for review prior to counseling appointments. To access the course catalogue go to the Students tab and under that click on Counseling Center. From there, on the right hand side for the screen look for Course Catalogue. This should give students an idea of what classes are open for the following year and can be helpful to know what the class is about ahead of time.

After this students will meet with there counselors to discuss the classes they chosen and go over what there schedule would be. Students are advised to keep a “balanced” schedule in mind when selecting classes.

“Juniors especially need to make sure they are doing their A-G requirements and if their colleges are out of state they need to check if any extra requirements are needed,” said Amelia Cendejas, counselor.

AP and honors classes are recommended and a option, but not required. Keep in mind that some classes require prerequisites in other classes in order to take it.

If students have any Ds or Fs, this will be an option to talk with counselors about making up those credits up with summer school or credit recovery. Counselors will also make sure you are on track to graduate, whether that be making sure students are caught up on credits or checking progress on community service hours.