Lost & Found

Josh Lee and Carlo Valencia

The lost and found at Otay Ranch is located in the main office. Lost or forgotten turned in can be retrieved by contacting specific office personnel.

Alma Morris, the Principal’s Administrative Assistant for Otay Ranch, oversees the lost and found operation. She explains the deadline and the process of obtaining lost belongings.

“Ms. [Erika] Morales and I are in charge of the lost and found,” said Morris. “ Come into the office and ask myself, or Ms. Morales. You can rummage through the stuff to look for the belongings that you have lost.”

Morris added that students must retrieve their items as soon as possible before they are donated to charity.

“I would say let’s give it till spring break. We’re going to donate them,” said Morris.

Students who are susceptible to lose their items aren’t aware of the lost and found.

Matthew Closas, a Senior, lost a camera last year and was able to recover it at the lost and found.

“Junior year, I took my first photography class.”, said Matthew “ I was so excited to get my first camera but, I didn’t know how to care for it so I lost it on campus. I was so relieved to find it at the lost and found.”

The lost and found is accessible anytime of the day as long as Morris or Morales gives permission.