Credit Recovery

Jaiber Jones and Jazzy Tompkins

Credit Recovery is an opportunity to make up semester grades. The Credit Recovery that is coming up is for the previous semester of fall 2017. It will run from February 6 to April 12.

Applications are available in the counseling center but students would have to meet with the counselors to let them know.

It doesn’t include Spring Break. Students who got D’s or F’s can make it up. But what if sports are coming up and it interferes with credit recovery?

“So, let’s say a student still has to make up a second semester class. There is going to be summer school to and credit recovery in the fall of 2018,” said Alejandro Santana, school counselor.

The classes offered are: English 9 with Mitchell Burton, Integrated Math 3 with Anna Marie Almaraz (Shaw), Integrated Math 2 with Laura Douglas and Integrated Math 1 with Daniel Ballez and a new course being offered is Chemistry with Scott Estrada.

The time in each class will vary but will usually last for about 90 minutes from 2:50-4:45.

“All the student’s schedules will be different so it’s important to us to refer them to the school website with the teacher’s schedules and the time they will be in Credit Recovery for” said Abigail Flores, counselor’s secretary.