Winter Brings Seasonal Activities

December 11, 2017

Winter is a time many people enjoy, as they get into the holiday spirit and doing fun activities.

“Winter is my favorite season because of the cold weather and I love going up to the snow and ice skating,” said Delaney Rhodes, ORHS senior.

One fun activity many enjoy is ice skating. Here in San Diego there are different options to where to do ice skating, a few being Hotel Del Coronado, UTC in La Jolla, Kroc Center, also Fantasy on Ice at Liberty Station.

“My favorite ice skating is in UTC because I like how it’s indoors,” said Katherine Miehls, ORHS senior.

Since it is very unlikely for there to be snow in San Diego, many people here like to enjoy winter by going somewhere where it snows such as Julian, Cuyamaca or Big Bear. Once in the snow area, many people go skiing, snowboarding or build a snowman.

“I go to Julian every year with my family over the winter break, we like to go because it doesn’t really get that cold here so we go to have fun in the snow,” said Ashley Yaldo, ORHS senior.

Besides just winter, Christmas is here. There are a few free Christmas events here in San Diego. One event is December Nights located in Balboa Park, featuring dazzling lights, incredible food, and museums for everyone to enjoy. Another fun Christmas activity is Christmas Circle. Christmas circle is a neighborhood with all twinkling lights, decorations, music, and more. People enjoy either driving or walking around the neighborhood. Christmas Circle is located  on Whitney and Mankato street in Chula Vista.

“I usually go walking around Christmas Circle with my family and drink hot chocolate, that’s our yearly tradition.” said Rhodes.

While winter is here, don’t forget the many activities available.

The Ranch Review • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in